History of Biology Development
In the early 1600
1. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek → invent single lens light microscope
In the 18th century
2. Edward Jenner (England) → the technique of vaccination against smallpox
3. Louis Pasteur (French) → bacteriology
4. Robert Koch (Germany) → the methode to propagate bacteria in laboratory
What is the Biology ???
Term of biology is derived from the Greek, bios : life, and logos : study.
So, biology defines as the scientific study of life and living organisms.
Scope of Biology
Object of Biological Study, such as :
↗two kingdoms → five kingdoms → six kingdoms → three domains
↗the naming of species is valid internationally and universally, it was developed by Carolus Linnaeus → binomial numenclature
5. Population : a group of individual of the same kind (that is the same species) occupying a given area.
6. Community : is the population of all species occupying the same area.
7. Ecosystem → a community and its phsical environment (such soil and water).
8. Biome → a large communities on earth which is classified based on the dominant plant community (vegetation).
↗ Knowledge of population, community, ecosystem and biome can be used to overcome the environmental problems.
Eg : booming of population, natural conservation and regional landscape.
Branches of Biology